UNSW is committed to providing education that supports and stimulates gifted students regardless of their ability to afford these programs wherever possible. To support the learning of all students, we offer scholarships to students with special financial needs. Students must meet the selection criteria and scholarships are limited. Some students also seek sponsorship through their school or local businesses and community organisations.
To apply for one of GERRIC’s scholarships, please download the additional application form and submit with any supporting documentation to GERRIC before Friday 22 November.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Applicants’ parents will have socioeconomic hardship as demonstrated by Centrelink documentation (‘Part B’ of their tax statement)
- Applicants will provide a written statement outlining why they would like to attend the Junior Scientia or Scientia Challenge Program
- Applicants are to provide a recommendation letter of support from a school or community leader
- Applicants must provide written evidence of meeting the academic selection criteria for the programs (e.g. test results or Opportunity Class placement)
Additionally, special consideration may be given to scholarship applicants who are:
- Rural and remote students
- Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- English language learners
If you don't qualify for the scholarship eligibility financially, but you still have equity needs, you can submit an equity application for early placement consideration.
Submit the form:
- Email GERRIC your form and use the subject line “Equity Application – <<insert month of program>> Student Programs”
- Ensure all supporting documents are attached