Work Integrated Learning (WIL) at UNSW is another aspect of our commitment to developing career ready graduates equipped to succeed in today’s professional world. WIL are student work learning experiences supported by the university that include professional development and reflective practice, to enhance student experience and employment outcomes.
WIL is the next step in the journey towards your career. Getting industry experience while studying provides you with practical skills that will significantly improve your chances of getting the job you want when you graduate.
UNSW Arts & Social Sciences has a range of WIL opportunities, from traditional placements to online project-based internships. We work with industry partners to create placements in Australia and overseas that you can undertake as a free or prescribed elective, a core course in your degree, or a course towards your major.
WIL is an opportunity to gain a competitive edge and take part in an opportunity to fast-track your career.
Benefits of Work Integrated Learning
- Gain credit towards your degree
- Develop essential soft skills including communication, team-work, time management, confidence and problem-solving
- Strengthen your CV
- Apply theory to real life situations
- Gain real-word and practical experience in everyday work life and industry culture
- Build professional networks
- Gain a competitive edge as an entrepreneur or a job-seeker in a dynamic market
Find out how you can become a Work Integrated host organisation.