Among our Faculty members, you will meet scholars who are established leaders in their fields, and also the best and brightest of a rising generation of teachers and researchers.

See our key contacts for lists of academics and staff members that you may need to connect with to help you stay on track, and also to explore further academic activities.

Key Contacts

Face-to-face services are currently suspended. In keeping with advice from NSW health and the additional measures UNSW has adopted to help shape the profile of the COVID-19 epidemic we are temporarily suspending face-to-face Arts & Social Sciences Student Support services from The Nucleus: Student Hub. 

We are still here to support you online and via phone.

The Arts & Social Sciences Student Services staff are on hand to help.

Faculty Student Services staff provide expert student administration support to our undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students. They are your first point of contact if you are seeking advice on any aspect of admission, enrolment and graduation.

At the Student Services team can help with: 

  • Admissions
  • Academic Standing
  • Advanced standing/credit transfer
  • Change of major or specialisation
  • Cross-institutional study
  • Enrolment advice
  • Enrolment overload
  • Exchange/study abroad
  • Faculty forms
  • Faculty rules for undergraduate and postgraduate students
  • Graduation checks
  • Internal program transfers
  • Online Handbook
  • Permissible Timetable Clashes
  • Program leave, deferment and discontinuation
  • Program and course advice
  • Progression checks

Contact us

Location: The Nucleus: Student Hub in the Library (Temporarily closed for face to face enquiries until further notice)
Phone: (02) 8263 8009
Online enquiry: Ask a Question form

Opening Hours: Monday-Friday, 10am - 5pm

Degree Programs


  • Bachelor of Arts
  • Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education
  • Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Education
  • Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Education
  • Bachelor of Fine Arts/Bachelor of Education
  • Bachelor of Design (Honours)/Bachelor of Education
  • Bachelor of Media Arts (Honours)/Bachelor of Education
  • Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Education
  • Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Education
  • Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice
  • Bachelor of International Studies
  • Bachelor of Media
  • Bachelor of Music
  • Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy & Economics
  • Bachelor of Social Research and Policy
  • Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)

Subject Areas

Subject area or discipline Convenor
  • Asian Studies
  • Australian Studies
  • Chinese Studies
  • Creative Writing, English
  • Criminology
  • Development Studies
  • Environmental Humanities
  • European Studies
  • Film Studies
  • French Studies
  • German Studies
  • History
  • Indigenous Studies
  • Indonesian Studies (Advanced Level)
  • Italian Studies
  • Japanese Studies
  • Korean Studies
  • Linguistics
  • Media, Culture, and Technology
  • Music
  • Philosophy
  • Politics & International Relations
  • Single-mode Politics or International Relations
  • Sociology and Anthropology
  • Spanish and Latin American Studies
  • Theatre, Performance and Dance Studies
  • Women's and Genders Studies
Program Convenor
  • Master of Arts & Social Sciences (Combined)
  • Master of Applied Linguistics
  • Master of Development Studies
  • Graduate Certificate of Education
  • Master of Education
  • Graduate Certificate of Educational Leadership
  • Master of Educational Leadership
  • Master of Environmental Management
  • Master of International Relations
  • Master of Interpreting, Master of Translation, and Master of Interpreting and Translation
  • Master of Journalism and Communication
  • Master of Public Relations and Advertising
  • Master of Public Relations and Advertising/ Design
  • Master of Public Policy and Governance
  • Master of Social Work Counselling
  • Master of Teaching (Secondary)
  • Master of Teaching (Primary)
  • Graduate Certificate in Teaching

Postgraduate Coordinators

Current students should contact their Postgraduate Coordinator for academic matters regarding their research candidature.


HDR Administrators

Current students may also contact their School’s Higher Degree Research Administrator, regarding administrative matters related to their research candidature.

Arts, Media and Music Honours

Education Honours

Humanities and Languages Honours

Social Sciences Honours

If you have a course-related complaint, you have a number of options for how you can raise the issue.

The first option is usually to discuss your problem with your tutor, your lecturer, or the course coordinator. Alternatively, you could seek advice from your School Grievance Officer. If you intend to approach the School Grievance Officer, begin by sending an email.

The contact details for the Arts & Social Sciences Grievance Officers are listed below

School of the Arts & Media

School of Education

School of Humanities & Languages

School of Social Sciences

The Technical Resource Centre (TRC) supports the use of specialist IT and Audio Visual (AV) resources and facilities across UNSW Arts & Social Sciences.

Consultation times with TRC staff are available on request and can be arranged for a mutually convenient time.

Consultations can cover a variety of IT, AV and web needs ranging from inductions, tutorials and training, tool selection, brainstorming and planning.

To make an appointment with TRC please contact the IT Service Centre on 9385 1333 or by email with the details of your enquiry.

Go to TRC website