The aim of this project is to determine the degree to which beyondblue research funding from 2002-2010 has helped to improve the understanding of depression, anxiety and related disorders in Australia. Improvement is measured according to the following criteria:
- Overall body of evidence: the extent to which beyondblue funded research projects have bridged gaps in evidence
- Research capacity: the extent to which beyondblue has contributed to building research capacity in mental health
- Quality of research produced: as evidenced by high-impact publications and citations
- Facilitation of evidence into practice: improve the effectiveness of research outcomes, support increased access to services and promote help seeking
- Societal impact: the degree to which beyondblue funded research projects have influenced change in the awareness and acceptance of mental health conditions
- Business impact: the extent to which beyondblue’s research program has raised and enhanced the profile of beyondblue.