UNSW Sydney and the Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS) have entered a major new five-year partnership to reduce poverty and inequality in Australia. The partnership will monitor Australia’s progress in tackling poverty and inequality and support interdisciplinary research to highlight the health, housing and legal dimensions of these challenges. Through collaboration between researchers, policy practitioners, community services and advocates the partnership will work to influence change to policy and legal settings.
The Inequality in Australia 2018 Report will be officially launched at UNSW Sydney on 31 July. Please join:
- Professor Peter Saunders, Academic Lead, Social Policy Research Centre, UNSW Sydney; and
- Dr Cassandra Goldie, Chief Executive Officer, ACOSS
to discuss the report's contents and implications and to hear more about the longer-term plans for the partnership.
Additional confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Emma Dawson, Executive Director, Per Capita;
- Professor Peter Whiteford, Crawford School of Public Policy, Australian National University;
- Katie Acheson, CEO, Youth Action;
- Ryan van den Nouwelent, Research Associate, City Futures, UNSW Sydney; and
- Dr Julie Connolly, Deputy General Manager, Research and Policy Centre, Brotherhood of St Laurence.