Performing Arts Industry Experience (ARTS3013)
This course provides you with an opportunity to gain industry experience by undertaking work-integrated learning on placement with a performing arts organisation. Students must attend a CV workshop in Week 1, T3 and complete a work experience placement with an industry organisation of 90-100 hours (to be scheduled according to host and student availability). After their placement, students must submit a summative report and a portfolio of work produced for assessment in T3.
Interested students must complete an Expression of Interest form, prepare a CV which will be developed during the workshop, and conduct a meeting in person or by phone with the course convenor (by appointment only) to discuss their eligibility and the placements on offer. Students must have completed 48 UOC overall, including 6 UOC at level 1 and 6 UOC at level 2 in the following declared streams, Music or TPS. Or 96 UOC overall and enrolment in a Music single/dual degree. Students must have a WAM of at least 65. Please check that you meet these pre-requisites before making your application to the course convenor.
As enrolment is subject to course convenor and School approval, students interested in gaining academic credit for industry experience under ARTS3013, should follow these steps:
- Check your eligibility (TPS or Music Major and WAM above 65).
- Prepare your Expression of Interest Form and a CV with your contact details and apply for the year of enrolment so placement is confirmed by Term 3 - Census Date (26 Sept). Submission will not be considered after this time, however you can submit anytime from late October the year before.
- Your EOI will be submitted to WIL who will then generate a request to the convenor to accept the enrolment.
- The course convenor will contact you to discuss industry placements on offer and your eligibility. The course convenor willl then organise an interview for you with an organisation best suited to your experience and career aims.
- Faculty staff will manually enroll you once we have confirmation that the requirements have been met.
Insurances will be organised for the student once we have their date range and they will have assessment guidance so they can gather the right information as they go.