Performing in Clancy Auditorium gives you the opportunity to work in a large performance venue with a Steinway piano. However, all concerts must end by 8.45pm and access to the venue is dependent on the UNSW teaching calendar. There will be minimal technical support as this is venue is not managed by the CPL or SAM. You can provide tea, coffee, and light refreshments for your guests but there is no licensed bar.
All tickets are $15/$8
(Please note these prices are subject to change depending on the size and nature of the event)
Each group performing in Clancy will be given:
- Cash float - this will have change for you to use when collecting ticket money.
- Guest list - list of students and staff involved in Music Performances who have free entry to all recitals. Tick these names off so we can record audience numbers.
- Income sheet - a tally sheet to record audience numbers. This helps reconcile income from performances.
The forms must be filled out and returned with the income and change float to the CPL Staff on the night. It is recommended each group enlists the help of a friend to manage their box office. Unfortunately this person will have to wait outside for late comers for about 15 minutes into the performance, they can then pack up and hand everything back to the CPL staff on the night.
You need to organise extra support on the night so you can focus on your performance. It is recommended you recruit:
- Ushers/bar staff - to greet your guests and direct them to their seats, hand out programs and serve refreshments.
- Box Office – sell tickets and collect the income. Return income sheet, cash float and guest list to the CPL Staff on the night.
- Stage Manager – someone to help co-ordinate the evening, set up the space, make sure programs are in the venue and to be available backstage to solve problems that can arise. This person can be the main contact for your group.
- Accompanists & Page Turners - as required for your chosen works. NOTE - Don’t book these in until your performance dates are confirmed.
All students performing in Clancy are allowed up to 30 minutes of rehearsal time in the venue. Honours students are allowed up to 1 hour. Lucy Dinh will be in contact to schedule your rehearsal time. If you can't make it to a rehearsal you must let us know as space is limited.
There will always be a piano in the venue and there will be no technical support for rehearsals. Please note that the piano may not be tuned at the time of your rehearsal, we aim to have all pianos tuned as close as possible to the performance day. If you detect any issues in the condition of the piano at the time of rehearsal, please report this to Lucy.
Technical Equipment and Support
There is very limited technical support in Clancy. All performances will be given a stage wash. We do not have access to the audio equipment in Clancy so if you would like to use a microphone, you will need to book a PA, microphone, XRL and mic stand from SAM office. It is recommended you do this for both your rehearsal and performance.
Stage Plans and Production Form
All students in Clancy must email your stage plan and a completed production form to Lucy Dinh at least 3 weeks prior to your performance.
On your stage plan indicate where people, instruments, music stands, etc will be on stage. If you have a different ensemble for various pieces, please fill out a different stage map for each. Please note that other variations of the seating is not possible in this venue. We require these well in advance to plan your performance as there are many events going on during this busy period.