Creating Better Strategies, Tools & Perspectives for Teaching & Learning
Our postgraduate study in Curriculum and Assessment at UNSW enables qualified teachers and education specialists to provide better teaching tools for more effective student learning. Curriculum and Assessment is a specialisation in the Master of Education program and allows you to explore its context, purpose and role in Australian schools. Through advanced research approaches, you’ll dive deep into contemporary issues affecting theory and practice in the 21st Century classroom and school system.
Why Curriculum & Assessment is Important for Educators
Curriculum and assessment is an ever-increasing component of contemporary education. These skills are integral to educational professionals who want to impact approaches to curriculum development and assessment for better student learning outcomes. We focus on supporting the development of quality curriculum and assessment at the individual, school and system level.
Our broad scope of subject areas includes the following:
- Assessment for teaching and learning
- Assessment for selection and certification
- Measurement of student performance, achievement, attainment, competence, and growth
- Factors influencing student achievement
- Setting objective, criteria, and standards for student learning
- Large-scale, national and international testing programs
- School-based program assessment
- Curriculum and assessment design for Visual Arts Educators
World-Leading Research Led by Renowned Academics
You'll produce a compelling body of research work with the support of a team of renowned academics actively engaged in making a real-world impact in curriculum and assessment on a national and global scale. Key issues under investigation including the following topics:
- Implementing assessment for learning in an accountability culture
- Accountability measures and performance of education and training providers
- The effects of whole cohort testing on student achievement
- Teacher use of assessment data and its effect on learning and teaching
- Comparisons of approaches to assessment in schools internationally
Specialist Learning to Excel in Your Career
Our specialist programs in educational Curriculum and Assessment will enhance your career options and professional advancement within a broad range of educational institutions, including:
- early childhood teaching
- primary and secondary teaching
- vocational and workplace teaching
- tertiary teaching
Many of our graduates progress into specialist fields of education and teaching by developing and extending their understanding of a critical area of education.
Flexible & Affordable
We offer alternative delivery options, including online and blended courses, intensive school holiday courses, workplace and self-directed learning, and evening classes to ensure special and inclusive education study fits into your professional schedule. We also provide affordable study options with Commonwealth Supported Places and the opportunity to pay or defer fees through FEE-HELP for eligible students.