Enhance your differentiation skills and ability to cater to gifted learners
GERRIC’s Mini-Certificate of Gifted Education (Mini-COGE) provides useful and practical professional development to educators in supporting gifted and high potential students. Gifted and high potential students are not necessarily high achievers; in this course we focus on how to engage and support these students to reach their high potential.
The Mini-COGE will help you to:
- Identify gifted, high potential and talented students
- Differentiate the curriculum for high potential students
- Implement ability grouping or acceleration
- Understand gifted education research and best practices
- Develop an existing (or create a new) unit of work to best suit the needs of the differentiated classroom and gifted students
The unit of work allows you to implement practical changes to curriculum, assessment and pedagogy, receive feedback from other educators and the GERRIC academic presenter, and provide ongoing impact to you and your students.
GERRIC also offers add-on courses, the Mini-COGE Advanced: More curriculum differentiation and the Mini-COGE Advanced: Gifted learners with disability for teachers who have completed the Mini-COGE.
See session and course details below on this page.