The Centre is supported by a comprehensive governance structure that includes external stakeholders and Centre staff and provides management oversight, platforms for strategic discussion, and guidance for the Centre's operation.
Senior Executive Team
The Senior Executive Team oversees the daily operations of the Centre and decisions that impact our resources, policies, procedures and business processes.
The Steering Committee oversees the overall performance and direction of the Centre, ensures the effective, efficient and sustainable pursuit of our objectives, and assists with the development of the strategy. It is also involved in monitoring the operation and finances of the Centre and ensuring compliance with UNSW policies and processes.
- Associate Professor David Blaazer, Acting Dean, UNSW Arts & Social Sciences(Chair)
- Professor Lisa Ford, Associate Dean Research
- Scientia Professor Carla Treloar, Director
- Associate Professor kylie valentine, Research Director
- David Cami, Faculty Executive Director
- Hanne Bjellaanes, Centre Manager
- Warwick Dawson, Director, Knowledge Exchange, Division of Enterprise
- Paul Jackson, Faculty Finance Business Partner
Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committee comprises experts from social science and public health research, as well as government and non-government organisations, to provide advice on research strategy that informs our strategic and work plans.
Emeritus Professor Jake Najman, The University of Queensland
Lisa Bastian, Western Australian Health Department
Jude Byrne, AIVL
Aaron Cogle, NAPWHA
Professor Gary Dowsett, ARCSHS
Jules Kim, Scarlett Alliance
Professor Jayne Lucke, ARCSHS
Professor Lisa Maher, The Kirby Institute
Dr Jo Mitchell, NSW Ministry of Health
Darryl O'Donnell, AFAO
Dr Alun Richards, Queensland Health
Helen Tyrrell, Hepatitis Australia
Michael West, Department of Health & Human Services Victoria
Scientia Professor Carla Treloar, Director
Associate Professor Martin Holt, Centre for Social Research in Health
Associate Professor Christy Newman, Centre for Social Research in Health