2009 UNSW Staff Excellence Awards
- Posted: 11th December 2009
The UNSW Staff Excellence Awards recognise staff who have demonstrated excellence through sustained performance or a single one-off success throughout the year.
President and Vice-Chancellor Fred Hilmer congratulated the 2009 award recipients at a reception last week.
Two new awards were introduced this year:
* Excellence in Environmental Leadership: designed to recognise environmental leadership and sustainable practices
* Excellence in Community Engagement: sponsored by the UNSW Foundation, this award recognises the impact that community engagement activities have had on the work of the University.
2009 Staff Excellence Award Recipients (Professional and Technical Staff) from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Excellence in Environmental Leadership
School of History and Philosophy Administration Team
Excellence in Customer Service - Joint Recipients
* Mr Robert Hend, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
* Mr Paul McKie, Australian Defence Force Academy
2009 UNSW Staff Excellence Award Recipients (All UNSW Staff)
Excellence in Community Engagement - Group Recipients
* Football United Team, Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
* Centre for Energy and Environmental Markets, Australian School of Business and Faculty of Engineering
Excellence in Community Engagement - Individual Recipients
* Associate Professor David Pye, Faculty of Science
* Dr Vaughan Rees, College of Fine Arts
* Prue Rheuben, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
* Paul Brown, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
* Prem Kumar, Faculty of Science
* Annie Whitelaw, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences