In Semester 2...
Did you know you could experience courses and areas of study from outside your faculty?
UNSW undergraduate students have a huge range of Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) Free Elective and General Education courses available to them. You don’t need to just stop at one course – if you are enjoying your FASS course you may even be able to complete further courses in this area of study.
If you would like to study free elective/general education courses with FASS simply:
- Check the Online Handbook for your program or with your Program Authority (your faculty) to make sure you are complying with the rules for your program
- Enrol online in the course(s) via myUNSW
Congratulations to Gerald Macpherson and friends winners of our Experience Life in the FASS-lane photo booth competition!
Click here to view all the photos from the competition!
Enlighten your world
Our International Relations, Development Studies, History and Culture courses provide a unique opportunity to explore past and contemporary global issues and challenges. Learn about the world and discover how you can make a difference...
Courses available in S2, 2012 that will enlighten your world:
- ARTS1271 The History Matrix: The Making of the Modern World
- ARTS1211 Australia's Asian Context
- ARTS1240 Environment and Society: Introduction
- ARTS1751 Development Studies: Poor World, Rich World
- ARTS1781 Australia's European Context
- ARTS1811 International Relations: Continuity & Change
- ARTS1900 Gendered Worlds: Intro to Women's & Gender Studies
- CRIM1011 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- ARTS2845 Sex, Human Rights and Justice
- ARTS2215 Religion in World History
- ARTS2812 The Politics of International Organisation
- ARTS2840 Politics of Human Rights in Australia
Explore your passions
Do you have a creative side you wish you could explore at uni? Do you love Writing, Film, Music or Theatre? We offer creative and performing arts courses that will allow you the opportunity to pursue your passions while gaining credit towards your degree.
Course available in S2, 2012 that will allow you to explore your passions:
- ARTS1062 Hollywood Film: Industry, Technology, Aesthetics
- ARTS1091 Media, Society, Politics
- ARTS1121 Reading Performance
- ARTS1010 The Life of Words
- ARTS1031 Literature in English: Early Modern to Modern
- ARTS2125 Theories of Acting and Performing
- MUSC2117 Popular Music: Histories, Grooves, and Texts
- ARTS2124 Staging Australia
Enhance your studies
Be intellectually adventurous and enhance your critical thinking and reasoning skills. Adding courses to your degree from Arts and Social Sciences can help open your mind to new ways of thinking about society and issues to enhance your performance in your degree.
Course available in S2, 2012 that will enhance your studies:
- ARTS1301 Cosmos and Culture: Science in History
- ARTS1302 Science: Good, Bad & Bogus: Philosophy of Science
- ARTS1360 Introducing Moral, Social & Political Philosophy
- ARTS1362 Philosophy: Thinking About Reasoning
- ARTS1871 Relationship: Foundational Concept
- ARTS1691 The Use of Language
- HUMS0002 Academic Enabling Skills 2
- HUMS2002 Managing Stress and Anxiety in Various Contexts